At the Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies on Thursday 23 February 2017, there will be various activities, information and competitions.
All students at the Roslin Institute and he Royal (Dick) School of Veterinary Studies are welcome – come along to the View and find out more!
You could win a £20 voucher by simply drawing your online presence or telling us how someone should effectively manage their online presence (digital footprint).
Practical advice on managing your digital footprint and privacy
12 Things That Should Help….Listen to the Podcast (Nicola Osborne, EDINA)
There are various workshops/sessions (online and on-campus) taking place in October and November which focus on your Digital Footprint and creating an effective online presence. Further details can be found www.ed.ac.uk/iad/digitalfootprint
What will you do to create an effective online presence? – share with us on Twitter or on Facebook
For more information visit www.ed.ac.uk/iad/digitalfootprint or find us on
Twitter: @UoEDigitalFoot #UoEDF
The University of Edinburgh Careers Service are running a number of sessions (online and on-campus) which focus on ‘creating an effective online presence using LinkedIn’. For details of the events/workshops please look at https://mycareerhub.ed.ac.uk
The following five areas are key for creating an effective online presence on LinkedIn (more detail can be found in the Creating an effective online presence on LinkedIn SLIDES – pdf)
- Improve your profile
- Collect recommendations and endorsements
- Grow your network
- Use professional groups
- Use the UoE alumni tool
Academics and researchers often want to disseminate research findings, promote publications, engage with others in the field, and highlight conferences (and more) but where do you start?
Creating an effective online presence can be challenging. The first step is to create a strategy and identify 1) who your audience is likely to be, 2) what you want to tell your audience, 3) what the best platform is 4) and how you will evaluate the effectiveness.
What else do you need to do? This checklist highlights a few considerations:
Creating an effective online presence (checklist)
- Map out who your audience(s) are, what your purpose is, the best platform(s) and how you are going to evaluate the impact
- Set goals (measurements for impact)
- Update PURE (if applicable)
- Get an ORCID ID
- Brand You: name, image, updated profile(s) for all online presences
- Delete old/unwanted online presences
- Link profiles together (if appropriate)
- Personal vs professional – make it clear!
- Appropriate images (creative commons/copyright)
- Add details to your email signature
- Do you need a page to promote your presences – School website?
- Evaluate your online presence and modify/update where needed
- Consider your digital footprint and create an effective online
Further information, workshops and resources can be found on the Digital Footprint Service website www.ed.ac.uk/iad/digitalfootprint