As part of this week-long festival of creative learning, the Careers Service is offering something a little bit different for all online distance learning (ODL) students who are unable to participate in the programme of campus-based events. We hope that our week-long participative ‘event’ will be fun, informative and not require much of your time. It’s an opportunity for you to connect with each other and to hear from Edinburgh Alumni.
So, what’s happening?
We will be sharing the experiences and reflections of ODL graduates throughout the week on Career Connect – sign up to follow Career Connect posts by email using our ‘follow’ tab today. You will find a series of posts throughout the week as listed below:
- Monday: Distance learning degrees – what are the benefits?
- Tuesday: Studying while working is challenging – what helps?
- Wednesday: Leadership – what makes a good manager?
- Thursday: Reflecting on your Values.
- Friday: More advice from Edinburgh distance learning graduates.
We will also be facilitating daily career discussions on Twitter. Each morning we will post our discussion question and a link to the blog post of the day. How this event goes is up to you – we hope that there will be some lively discussion and that you will enjoy sharing your thoughts and ideas with each other.
We look forward to reading your tweets!