There are various workshops & online sessions focusing on creating an effective online presence with LinkedIn. Booking and further information can be found on (https://mycareerhub.ed.ac.uk) . Eligibility: University of Edinburgh students
This online session will focus on managing your digital footprint and how to create an effective online presence using LinkedIn. The session will take place online using the University’s virtual classroom, Collaborate. All students are welcome to attend this session but it may be of particular interest to online distance learning students.
The session will:
- Highlight the importance and benefits of having an effective online presence for professional networking, making connections, disseminating research
- Provide examples of LinkedIn profiles
- Provide tips for creating a clear and effective message/brand for your online presence
Online Session dates (booking is required and you will be sent further information):
- Tuesday 6th October 7-8pm
- Tuesday 24th November 7-8pm
Have you been hearing about LinkedIn and thinking you need to get around to setting up a profile? If so then this interactive session is for you! Bring along your tech (laptop or tablet) to one of our sessions, find out more about some of the features of the profile and start working on putting together your own LinkedIn profile, with support from Careers Service staff.
Before the session you should:
1.Watch this short video (2 minutes) on the LinkedIn website that gives an introduction to the profile –https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B8WZxYFaSmI
2.Make sure you’ve registered for an account on the LinkedIn site – www.linkedin.com
- Monday 12th October 5-6pm, Careers Service, Weir Building, King’s Buildings
- Friday 23rd October 1-2pm, Careers Service, Third Floor Main Library Building
- Tuesday 3rd November 5-6pm, Careers Service, Third Floor Main Library Building
Got a LinkedIn profile but not sure what to do next? Want to find out more about how to use LinkedIn effectively to grow your network and research career options? If so then this interactive session is for you! Bring along your tech (laptop or tablet) to one of our sessions to find out more about how you can use some of the features of LinkedIn to grow your network and research career options. Topics include using groups effectively, following companies and influencers, using the alumni tool and putting your profile to work, with support from Careers Service staff. There will also be the opportunity to have your profile reviewed and receive feedback from other students at the session.
- BYOD session (bring your own device e.g. lap top or tablet)
- No booking required
- This is an advanced session for students who are familiar with LinkedIn and who have developed a profile. You may want to attend our LinkedIn session on ‘Developing your profile’ before attending this session
- Monday 2nd November 5-6pm, Careers Service, Weir Building, King’s Buildings
- Tuesday 10th November 5-6pm, Careers Service, Third Floor Main Library Building
- Friday 13th November 1-2pm, Careers Service, Third Floor Main Library Building
Further information and resources about creating an effective online presence: